Methamphetamine seized in Calgary drug bust
Posted: April 14, 2021
Calgary… Three Calgary women are facing charges after nearly $225,000 worth of drugs and cash was seized in an ALERT investigation. More than three kilograms of methamphetamine was seized.
ALERT Calgary’s organized crime and gang team made the arrests and seizures on March 30, 2021. Four Calgary homes were searched as part of a drug trafficking investigation with Calgary Police Service providing assistance.
ALERT seized more nearly $225,000 worth of drugs and cash including:
- 3,004 grams of methamphetamine;
- 279 grams of cocaine;
- 303 grams of a cocaine buffing agent;
- 2 grams of fentanyl;
- 34 grams of psilocybin mushrooms;
- $15,605 cash.
“Meth is a harmful, addictive substance that undermines our community’s well-being. There is a strong correlation between meth and property crimes, which are used to finance these addictions,” said Staff Sergeant Jeff Ringelberg, ALERT Calgary.
Three women were arrested:
- Tahany Khalifa, 19, is charged with possession of drugs for the purpose of trafficking;
- Elizabeth Guajardo-Calles, 23, is charged with possession of drugs for the purpose of trafficking and possession of property obtained by crime; and
- Aaliya Essa, 38, is charged with possession of drugs for the purpose of trafficking and possession of property obtained by crime.
Members of the public who suspect drug or gang activity in their community can call local police, or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Crime Stoppers is always anonymous.
ALERT was established and is funded by the Alberta Government and is a compilation of the province’s most sophisticated law enforcement resources committed to tackling serious and organized crime.