The Alberta Law Enforcement Response Teams (ALERT) is a non-profit corporation that brings together the province’s most sophisticated law enforcement resources to investigate serious and organized crime. ALERT is comprised of personnel from municipal police agencies, RCMP, and civilian staff that work together on elite teams throughout Alberta focusing on organized crime, human trafficking, auto crimes and child exploitation.
ALERT is looking for a Training Coordinator to fill a full-time temporary position based in Edmonton. This position is a one-year temporary position to provide maternity leave coverage, with the possibility of extension at the end of one year. ALERT Training is an integral unit within the Operational Support team and is responsible for the continuing education of ALERT members to enhance skills and abilities required to successfully conduct serious and organized crime investigations.
The salary range for this position is $54,080 – $59,987.20
Responsibilities and Activities
The training coordinator will be responsible for working in conjunction with training staff, ALERT members and stakeholders to effectively coordinate and administer training opportunities for ALERT members. Relevant responsibilities and activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate all aspects of in-house training courses:
- Secure instructors and syndicate leaders for upcoming courses
- Organize course session details and distribute training opportunities to ALERT members
- Manage and organize training registrations and request forms
- Send joining instructions and course confirmations
- Review and process approved individual training requests
- Maintain data entry into spreadsheets and tracking systems
- Prepare materials for training courses:
- Liaise with the Training Manager and Curriculum Designer to prepare relevant and updated course materials for all training events
- Prepare classrooms, including creating attendance sheets, name cards, student materials, and course certificates
- Utilize online survey system to gather course evaluations
- Oversee the administration of the training facility
- Manage classroom requests and confirmations
- Liaise with course leads to obtain relevant documents and requirements
- Order supplies including kitchen, course materials, and office supplies
- Compile and maintain inventory
- Customer Service and Support
- Oversee the general email inbox and respond to requests in a timely and courteous fashion
- Welcome trainees and guests to the facility and assist as required
- Provide training related travel and course information to instructors and candidates
- Liaise with home agency training coordinators on training matters
- Organize and file electronic records and data
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Certificate or diploma in Office Administration, Administrative Assistant or another relevant field
- Experience in training administration is considered an asset
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively interact at all levels of management
- Highly proficient in relevant computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products;
Interested candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
The competition will close on July 1, 2022.
The successful candidate will be required to submit to and pass a security screening process through the RCMP. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ALERT is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all candidates that meet the above qualifications to submit their applications.